Sunday, April 6, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #130- a sketch by Linda

For this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I stuck with the white on white look that I love, but tried to liven it up with Real Red and Basic Black.  I love this color combo and it doesn't have to be only for Valentine's day.

Here is my take on the sketch:


It might not show up very well in the photo, but I did layer the flower.  I stamped it 3 times. I cut the whole flower out using the coordinating flower die from the Secret Garden Framelit set.  I cut the other two along the lines of the center and middle petals and layered them with dimensionals.


Stampin' up! supplies used: 
Stamp sets:Simple Stems, Express Yourself (hostess set)
Cardstock- Whisper White, Basic Black
Designer Series Paper-Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink- Real Red, Staz-on
Other-Secret Garden Framelits, Basic Black taffeta ribbon


3 comments:

  1. Love this bright bold flower! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! What a striking colour - I really love that red DSP with the black matting! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete